08 gennaio 2014

Fludd Interviews / 40. Tiziana Jill Beck

A) nome / name: Tiziana Jill Beck
B) nazionalità / where are you from?: Germany
C) età / how old are you?: 31
D) area d'azione (disegno, pittura, fotografia, animazione, ...) / your sphere of interests: All forms of art have an impact on me. Concerning my work it is mainly drawing but in this context I work across different mediums - a drawing can sometimes turn into a sculpture or a moving image.
E) studi / studies: I studied at Weissensee school of art Berlin and Academy of Visual Arts in
Leipzig, Germany.
F) qualcos'altro dal tuo curriculum / could you please tell us a little bit about what do you do/have you done?:Drawing is a medium to explore the world and make my position visible. Upon finishing my diploma almost two years ago, I began to exhibit my work and started to draw on large formats, which is very new and challenging. It also interests me how to establish a relationship between the drawings and the exhibiting site. In parallel I work on commissions for cultural institutions, magazines and in collaboration with other artists in print, film, fashion design etc. This collaborative work helps enhance my individual activities. I don't distinguish between illustration and fine art and I feel this gives me a lot of freedom.
G) 3 maestri / 3 masters: Paula Modersohn Becker, Rineke Dijkstra and Louise Bourgeois
H) 1 città d'ispirazione / 1 inspiring city: Seoul
I) dove il prossimo viaggio? / a place you'd love to visit soon: South-Korea
J) 1 museo speciale / 1 special museum: Staatliches Museum Berlin Dahlem
K) 1 link da consigliare / 1 recommended web-site: Melton Prior Institute for reportage drawing & printing culture.
L) gusto di gelato favorito / favorite ice cream flavour:there is a Berlin-produced ice cream called Florida-Ice. All their flavours are adorable.
M) un negozio che approvi / a shop you love:  flea markets in Paris.
N) 2 oggetti che ti piacciono / 2 objects you like: soap and bikes.
O) la tua colazione ideale / your ideal breakfast: Unfortunately I am not hungry in the morning but if so — a fresh self-baken bread and avocado.
P) un bel posto nelle tue vicinanze / somewhere nice to go in your neighbourhood:The hidden Comenius Garden, a little philosophical garden, a popular meeting place throughout the year for neighbours of all nationalities, very nice!
Q) cosa stai leggendo ultimamente? / last books you have read:  „Der
Schimmelreiter“ by Theodor Storm, „Jugend ohne Gott“ by Ödön von Horvath

R) cosa ti ispira attualmente? / what are a few things inspiring you at the moment?: traditional Korean folk paintings.
S) qual'è la principale difficoltà per un 'giovane creativo' oggi? / which is the main difficulty for a young creative today?: patience and resistance.
T) dimensione collettiva nell'arte e nella creatività: si, no, come? / what do you think about the collective dimension of art and creativity?: If by 'collective dimension' you mean collaboration, then my studio at Heikonaut allows me the luxury of obtaining advice and network for & work with other artists in a variety of disciplines.
U) cosa stai cercando? / what are you looking for?: the white rabbit!
V) di che cosa non vedi l'ora? / what are you looking forward?: I was born in Berlin, so I don't feel so enthusiastic about the city like everyone else does currently. Without doubt- Berlin is a great city but at the moment I am looking for a more inconvenient place. It may help you to get down to the basics.
W) progetti per il futuro (esagera!) / projects for the future (exaggerate!): More printmaking! In 2014 there will be new exhibitions I am so curious to work on!
X) cosa ti piacerebbe studiare da vecchio? / what do you like to study when you'll be old?: Much like my parents are experiencing now, I can imagine I'll study how to use new technologies.
Y) un buon proposito per la stagione 2014 / a good purpose for the 2014 season: as usual: last chance for monkey dance.
Z) la parola "fludd" cosa ti fa venire in mente? / what does the word "fludd" suggest you?: sounds like a friendly frog.


Personal Web-site; Studio Heikonaut.



 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento